Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hi honey I'm home

I'm back.  Finally.  It's funny how a person misses things he/she didn't realize he/she was missing until the thing he/she was missing isn't there.  Awkward, I know, but grammatically correct.  This she missed having a washing machine, coffee pot and toaster.  Not major applicances (well except the washing machine), but definitely things that make life a little easier.  Being on the road, I find there are all kinds of things I miss, mostly things of convenience, like a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning, or being able to drop a load of laundry into the washing machine any time I feel the need, or urge, or lack of clean clothes.  It makes me wonder how women in the past managed, but then I'm sure there were "modern conveniences" that were available that they also missed when they got to travel, which wasn't often.  I've missed blogging, not because I couldn't but because life, as always, seems to get in the way of things I want to do. It does that, you know.  Get in the way of things that are interesting and/or fun. The last few weeks have been hectic.  Getting a visa, travelling, settling into a new place, new language (my dab of Spanish is semiuseful here) and new school routine.  It takes up more time and energy than a person realizes at first.  Eventually I'll be so settled it will feel like I've been here forever.  Which of course is one of those time folding things and before I know it the year will be over and I'll feel like I've just started.  In the mean time, I'll get back into the routine of doing the things I enjoy, and will be here much more often.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment