Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gaps

Once again there has been a huge gap in my blogging.  Not to be confused with a huge gap in a pair of jeans (I wish), or a huge gap in the road - wait isn't that called a pot hole? -  and in that case it's a good excuse for cities to dig up even bigger chunks of roads creating even bigger gaps.  This of course creates a huge gap in time which swallows up any you might think of saving by leaving at the last minute and taking the fastest route to work, or home, or wherever.  It invariably holds that a small gap in time, roads and travelling will result in a bigger gap somewhere along the way.  This gap is not to be confused by the gap between a rapid transit train and the platform as any traveller on a subway can tell you.  It's interesting to listen to the subway announcements when trains arrive, stop, disgorge passengers, then swallow a large bunch more.  In England they are constantly reminding passengers to "mind the gap" as if anyone could ignore it in the first place.  I haven't ridden the subway system in the U.S. for a very long time, but expect there is a similar announcement now.  I think, though I tend to ignore it,  that Vancouver might announce it as well to remind us.  Either that or they've figured out how to put the ALRT and the platform closer together so we don't have to mind it.
Which brings me to the use of the word "mind".  Why should I mind it?  Is that the same as minding the baby?  What about my mind?  Should I be concerned and why or why not?  I don't mind the rain, though maybe I should. Does this then mean I have to babysit it?  What about if there is a gap in the weather, my travelling this summer or the road going to or from wherever I need to get to.  Never know when it might infiltrate my mind and cause a huge gap.  So until next time when I'll work hard at not creating another huge gap (though that might be incredibly difficult considering I'll be moving) and mind this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment