Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Singed

No.  Not sing-ed, singed as in burnt slightly.  Why you ask?  I have no idea, but for the last couple of days I've been doing a grandma thing - except I'm not a grandma.  What am I talking about, you ask.  It's really quite simple.  So simple in fact that it's quite painful.  My grandmother had this bad habit of burning herself on either the iron or the stove.  I'm not sure how many times she'd end up wit singed fingers or a burn mark on her hand or arm.  It wasn't that she was ordinarily clumbsy, but somehow it always happened.  So why am I comparing myself to her?  Well for some reason, I've burnt the same hand three times in as many days.  the first was on my middle finger with the iron, above the knuckle.  That's what happens when a hand that's moving clothing around to be pressed.  Then that same day I was removing a cake from the oven.  Now I know - cake is not a good thing to have in the first place, but I have an excuse.  It was chocolate and I'd made it from scratch.  However.  I was using oven mits, but took one off to reach for something and at the same time accidentally touched the very hot rack.  Burnt my index finger.  Then yesterday I had been using some tongs to remove stuff from a pot and accidentally touched the very hot end.  Burnt the knuckle of my middle finger - same hand.  I think from now on I'll just avoid using anything that might get hot.  Guess that means cold cereal for meals and wrinkled clothes, but at least I won't have any more burns - for a while - I hope.  Until next time when I won't be burning anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment