Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Lawn chair driving

Only in Saskatchewan would someone use a lawn chair in place of a driver's seat in a car.  Now I could understand wanting a handy beach chair in a person's car, especially if one lived near a beach and the weather was warm and sunny at almost all times.  But where I come from the normal thing to do is take out the beach chair in the spring - usually around the time the snow starts to melt, and put it away when the snow arrives again - usually in November.  However, there are always exceptions to every rule.  Take Dairy Queen for example.  People will line up at an outside the DQ booth in minus twenty celcius weather for a DQ treat and think nothing of it.  Mind you, when your brain is almost as frozen as the dairy treat it really doesn't make much difference.  So, keeping that in mind, I can see - sort of - the logic behind the man with the lawn chair.  What is a little - odd - shall we say, is using it as a car seat so that he can drive.  Lawn chairs are notoriously tippy.  Not to be confused with tipsy, which apparently this particular person was.  What we don't know is why.  Did he have a sudden urge to go ice fishing and required a chair?  Was his car seat on the driver's side seatnapped?  Did his wife remove the seat so that he wouldn't drive drunk?  Is this an ongoing saga and will we ever know how it all ends?  Do we really care?  I know I don't, but until I can have DQ in minus twenty weather again and think nothing of it, I'll let the whole thing go.  Until next time when I have some icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment