Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Medvedev, Simon Cowel and other entertainers

A good friend of mine posted on facebook that he saw a picture of Medvedev and thought it was Simon Cowell, then couldn't understand what Mr. Cowel had to do with NATO.  I do that kind of thing often.  Confuse people, literally and figuratively.  I still have trouble telling some of the actresses apart.  Take for example Melanie Griffith and Meg Ryan.  While I know they are not alike, I have always managed to confuse them with each other (not confuse as in we are having a conversation and they don't understand what I'm talking about).  Same thing with Susan Sarandon and Sigourney Weaver (see last sentence).  Again they look nothing alike, but in my mind they are interchangable.  Kind of like one size fits all pantihose, or any non-gender specific clothing, or any one of the new cadre of actors/actresses and musicians.  Perhaps it's the way my brain works.  I do, after all, tend to confuse headlines coming up with something much more interesting than what was there, but still confusing. But lets get back to the issue of Mr. Cowel and Mr. Medvedev.  I can certainly see how my friend could get confused.  Both men are in the entertainment business, though many might not think so.  Think about it for a minute.  Ok.  Feeling better?  Oh good.  Me too.  It's hard on a person when they have to think about all the similarities between Mr. Cowel and what he does and Mr. Medvedev and what he does.  So lets just talk about a couple of them.  Hmmm.  Which ones shall we choose?  Both are from Europe, both have interesting jobs and both need attitude adjustments.  So what we need is to put both men in a room together and see what happens.  Does Mr. Medvedev use all his diplomatic skills to persuade Mr. Cowel to not be so sarcastic and teach him the fine art of stick handling in a diplomatic situation (think comments on American Idol when Cowel was there), or does Mr. Cowel teach Mr. Medvedev how to shoot from the lip and forget the whole diplomacy thing?  Who would win this competition and who really would care?  Not me.  I'm going back to sleep until next time when something almost interesting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment