Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It seems like forever

And I guess it has been.  Almost a full year's worth of forever.  I have been up to my ears in alligators (way past my butt) and am doing a dog paddle as fast as I can for the shore.  Almost there, but not quite, and can only hope I make it before the alligators get me.  It's been a strange year, full of power plays, melodrama and drama queens, but not in an actory good sense.  On the positive side, I've started my graduate degree in Literary Studies through an online university in Canada (no, not one of those pay some money and get a piece of paper kinds - wellll, not really, I do have to work for this degree and it is a real university, and I do have to pay money, soooo ...).  I've also been working on writing a new novel which is on hold at the moment because I'm taking more classes to upgrade teaching qualifications that have nothing to do with my brand new shiney yet to finish earning Masters. 
Which brings me to moving - again.  Yes, I am.  I can hear all your little intakes of breath and mutterings under it that say, "does she ever stay in one place?"  So where in the world am I going next?  How about Africa if we are going to play spin the globe.  At least that's where mine has stopped this time around.  I'm moving to Ghana, and while I'll be able to make myself understood (I hope.  One never knows with English), I'll be a definite visible minority, which will make life interesting to say the least.
In the mean time I have lots to do, just not at the moment.  I've decided to add a new twist to this blog to keep me on track.  I've decided to post my novel on here in installments, just because I can.  AND I've got a web page for work because I felt really adventurous and decided to give it a try - just to see if I could.  I am becoming so technified it's almost scary!  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment