Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Moving

"On the road again ..." (thanks Willy Nelson for those immortal words - or maybe that should be irrelevant, or unrelated, or repetative - Which ever works best for you).  I'm not much of a country music fan, but everytime I move countries his song pops into my head - whether I want it to or not.  Yes, I am shifting (as they say here) again.  This time back across the Atlantic to South America.  New continent, new country, new school, new students (well for me anyway).  It never ceases to amaze me the kind of reactions I get from people when I tell them where I'm off to next.  First it was Kuwait, then Mexico, then it was on to Bahrain (where is that anyway?) and then India.  The reactions generally fall into one of two categories - the "isn't that a dangerous place?" or the "that's so cool!"  I guess to many who don't generally leave their home continents my choice of places to live may seem a little - bizarre.   But hey, who said we should live a "safe" life?  Where's the adventure?  Where's the challenge in staying put, like the vase great aunt Fluffy gave you for a wedding present and you've buried in the back of a cupboard someplace?  Maybe that weird vase will work with your decore now.  However, this time I truly will be challenged.  I'll be teaching grade 7 and 8.  Talk about towering infernos of raging hormones!  If that's not exciting enough I don't know what is.  I really must talk to my former army  buddies and get one of those flack jackets for the outbursts.  Actually what I really need is a large bucket and mop to swab up all the tears that will be shed over teen angst (and those are the teachers tears )- never mind the ones from the students, not to mention the tempertantrums and high levels of emotional ups and downs (I did say this was the teachers - didn't I?).  It will indeed be a new adventure, and one I'm ready - ok - bracing for.  I'll  be fine.  Can't guarantee the survival of my students, but I'll be fine.  Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment