Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Naked airport scanners

I know, I know.  It's been too long.  My only excuse is that it continues to be incredibly hot and my brain is total mush.  It's slowly getting better, and by next week things should be almost normal, including my thinking.  Speaking of brains not thinking, this brings me to the topic of the day.  Naked airport scanners.  The question is, which scanners are naked - the machines or the people?  If it's the machines, what on earth were the airports thinking putting clothing on them in the first place?  What kind of clothing was it?  Was it a proper uniform or just casual jeans and t-shirts and where did they find clothing big enough to cover the machines?  If it was the people, then that's a whole different story.  Why are the scanners naked?  Can airports no longer afford uniforms?  Were the scanners complaining that the uniforms were uncomfortable or unfashionable (both a definite faux pas)?  Could this be a whole new trend and will the rest of us be offended by these naked people (unless they happen to be Heidi Montag clones and then that's just offensive - period - clothing or not)?  If the scanners are naked does that mean the rest of us have to be as well so that we don't offend them?  How will that go over with countries where women still have to be covered from head to toe?  If we go in dressed and have to come out undressed, where do our clothes go?  Do we get them back or are they put in a recycle bin and we get lovely black plastic garbage bags in exchange - much like what Lady Gaga wore the other day?  Is this something we really want to think about?  I'm sure there are many of us who would cringe at the thought of being naked in public, not to mention how it would make others feel. Who came up with the decision that airport scanners had to be naked and what were they thinking?  Just another wonderful day in the world of wierdness we live in.  Until next time, when my brain is functioning more normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment