Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Are you a veggie garden

I don't know.  I don't think so, but you never know.  I just might be and this whole human gig is really just my over active imagination.  Then again, it could be the other way around.  I do know that there are days when I feel like a vegetable, but I'm not sure I feel like a whole garden.  On the other hand, I do believe that veggies have their own personalities.  Take peas, for instance.  I swear they are the terrorists of the vegetable world.  Why you ask?  Have you ever watched them in action.  There they are, on your plate looking quite green and inviting, but the minute you try to scoop them up with your fork, they roll away, escaping off the plate, across the table and on to the floor where they go into hiding, waiting for just the right moment.  Then when you least expect it they strike.  You have forgotten the peas on the floor, and in your socks, or  barefoot, you step on said pea, so that it squashes and leave a really gross feeling, as well as a mess, on your foot.  Not fair.  Not nice.  Then again, there is the carrot.  It has a  completely different personality.  It's very skateboard/snowboard dude.  Think about it.  The long green top that flops every which way, much like long hair on a boarder, sometimes lean, sometimes chunky, but has a real grip on its world - literally.  It spreads out its roots and goes for it.  I can almost hear them talking and the conversation might go something like, "Hey dude.  Like watch the hair man.  It took a long time to grow it like that, and now you grab it and yank.  Not cool, man."  Which brings us to the tomato.  Once upon a time, a really good looking woman would have been callled a hot tomato.  Which is why, to this mind, they always seem so Valley girl, you know.  Shop til you drop and it's all about looks.  The whole, "So I said to my bff on the next plant, you know, its just too bad the way some of the plants look.  I mean take the radish.  Just so ... you know."  Peppers on the other hand are very latin in attitude.  The whole, "So like am I hot enough for you?" come on is hard to resist by anyone, and adds real zip to your life.   There you have it.  Not all the veggies in the garden, just some of them.  I'm sure you can, with your own vivid imaginations, come up with personalities for other veggies, but for now, I think I'll go eat a carrot, or something.  Until nex time.

No comments:

Post a Comment