Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Friday, April 2, 2010

It's official

I am actually, finally, officially on spring break.  No joke, no April Fool here, just a chance to unwind and generally do whatever my little heart desires.  A person doesn't really value time out the way he/she should.  Let's face it.  We rush everywhere to get no where fast, frantically plan and execute our escape and then speed through the holiday as if it was the autobaun only to return to work even more tired than when we left.  Then, of course there is the whole guilt trip thingie.  Did we pack too much, not enough, or even the right thing?  How will we know? Did we turn off and unplug all the utilities that could do something nasty to our residence when we're gone?  Did we make proper arrangements for the cat/dog/parakeet/rodent/fish for their care?  Did we leave anyone behind accidentally?  If it's been +25-35 for two weeks straight do we have a guarantee it will stay nice and balmy by the time we get to wherever we are going, or will it turn grey and wet as has happened too many time to too many people who expected to hang out on the beach, not slog through ankle to knee deep puddles.  Mind you, a bathing suit works well either way in such conditions.  You'd get wet in the water so why not wear it in the rain?  True, a bathing suit isn't overly warm when the very cold wind comes blowing across the lake, sea, ocean, but at least if you are getting wet anyway, who cares?   Well, ok.  The people who went to the beach to sunbathe (though given the warnings about needing to plaster sunblock on so thick you might as well bath in it) would be disappointed, but hey, nobody said life was fair, and they didn't really need to look like burnt toast on a bad hair day anyway.  As for me, I have a heavy date with my couch and DVD collection.  I might, occasionally, get out of my jammies and go for a walk to see what's going on in the world, but that's the extent of my holiday excitement.  After March madness, that's all the energy I can muster at the moment.  Might change after a day or two, but not right now.  Until next time, when I'm off the couch and ready to do something vaguely, semi-interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment