Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tweeting too slow

According to a headline I tripped over recently, some poor man was arrested for tweeting too slowly.  How does one tweet too slowly.  Do the tweet police monitor how many letters a person types over the course of an hour or so?  How slow is too slow and who are these tweet police (twit police? bird cops?)  Which birds do the tweet police represent and why would birds care if a human is typing too slowly.  Is that different from driving too slowly (which could be a problem as that creates a completely different set of hazards on the road) or the same?  Whose lives are put in danger of one tweeting too slowly and does that give birds the right to crap on that person's computer the same way they crap on our cars - kind of road rage for birds?  I'm not sure why anyone would care if a person tweets too slowly, but obviously someone did, otherwise why would this man be arrested.  Will typists all over the world now have to worry if their typing speed isn't up to snuff, and who decides what the speed should be?  I can see it now.  Typist trying to learn the rules of speeding, or not, much like in driving.  Will there be signs with speed limits on them in offices everywhere?  What about the private person who is typing at home.  Will someone be monitoring their typing speed as well?  Wouldn't that fall under invasion of privacy?  A much bigger question is - WHY did the police feel this person needed to be arrested in the first place?  What evidence did they have that he tweeted too slowly and was he given a warning and this was a subsequent offence, or was in an instant arrestable offence that no one else seems to know about?  I'm sure I don't know, but I'll certainly be vaguely thinking about finding out whether or not my typing speed is up to the requirements of this unknown issue.  I'd hate to be the next one the police arrest for tweeting, or typing, too slowly.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment