Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Could you be sleeping

too much?  I don't know.  How much is too much?  Who decides?  How old are you if you are sleeping too much?  Babies sleep a lot. Is that too much?  So do teenagers, and really old people.  Ok, maybe not so really old people.  I find myself dozing off on the couch the same way my mom does.  We make a great couple when I'm home for a visit.  She's in her chair, I'm on the couch, we're watching something on tv and the next thing you know we're both in lala land.  Happens every time.  Though, sometimes she drifts off to sleep in the middle of a conversation.  Or I do.  Or we both do.  No idea why.  It just seems to happen.  Good thing neither of us care and aren't trying to hold a conversation about the state of the world or anything exciting.  On the other hand, I can distinctly remember my self and my sons as teenagers (not at the same time of course) needing way more sleep than we were getting.  That had to do with the whole morphing thingie that teenagers go through.  How else can you explain how they have no energy to get out of bed in the morning for school, takes at least the first two classes to be fully alert, but have lots of energy to party hard all weekend long.  So again.  How much is too  much sleep?  Is eight hours enough and who decided that eight was the magic number.  What if your body really needs nine or ten hours to function and warp speed?  What if you thrive on six or seven with lots of catnaps (and cats nap a lot - I know - I've watched them).  Speaking of cats and naps, have you noticed that when there is a cat around, both you and it end up drifting off to sleep?  Kind of like the whole thing with my mom and I.  Never fails and doesn't work quite the same with a dog.  Dogs snooze, then make you take them for a walk when they wake up.  Cat's just - sleep.  Not for long stretches of time usually, but they do sleep.  I figure if it's good enough for them, it must be good enough for me.  So on that note, I think I'll go have a nap.  There has to be something on TV that will put me to sleep in a hurry. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment