Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Afternoon naps

According to reports, afternoon naps are a really good thing.  Apparently they help increase our brain power and metacognitive skills.  Don't you just love those big words? Metacognitive.  Just saying the word makes a person sound smarter.  Actually I can think of a lot of words that make a person sound smarter, but nap isn't one of them.  It sounds more like it really is - resting, sleeping, pretending to be a cat (as in catnap, as in short but often refreshing snoozes).  I intend to do a lot of napping on my break.  Might not be as interesting as trekking around the country side, or hanging out on the Riviera, but it will certainly do a lot for me.  What I really wish is that I could have an afternoon nap at work.  Just think of it.  Like in Kindergarten when we used to have a nap with our blankets and pillows, and then woke up to a snack of milk and cookies.  I can still do the milk and cookies part, but I think my boss would frown on the blanket and pillow bit.  Mostly because he'd probably want to have his own blanet and pillow at work as well, and since he can't, we can't.  Life is just not fair sometimes.  The only time I don't really enjoy napping is when I wake up from one feeling dopey and far worse than I did before I had the nap.  Then all I can do is wonder why I bothered in the first place.  Which brings me to why I need a nap.  Might have something to do with a baby crying on a regular basis across the street.  I'm not sure if it's the same baby or yet another one, but there it is, protesting whatever it's protesting at full volume.  Then of course there are my neighbours who let their dogs out at one or two in the morning.  I don't object to dogs going out to do whatever it is they need to do.  What I do object to is that these particular dogs seem to think that barking as they are running down the stairs is a good thing to do.  Then their owner yells at them to be quiet, which just adds to the noise.  No wonder I need a nap.  Speaking of which, I think I'll go and have one now, or maybe I'll just go to bed - no wait.  The baby is crying again, so guess I'd better wait another hour so that I can have at least a few quiet hours of uninterupted sleep - until the dogs are out - again.  Until next time....zzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment