Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Curdling

No, I have not spelled curling wrong (though that is a distinct possibility).  I'm talking about the thing that happens when you put what you think is fresh milk, or cream, or non-powdered whitener of choice into coffee, tea or whatever hot beverage you are about to drink, only to have it go all gross.  You know.  Stringy, lumpy, gross you out.  The flavour isn't so great either, and there is no way to salvage the beverage.  It has to be tossed and a new cup (after you've rinsed out the grotty stuff) poured.  Then the container of offending stuff has to be tossed as well, which is kind of a nuisance and can be expensive, especially if you just bought the milk/cream/whitener and had checked that the expiry date hadn't passed.  Of course the stores might let you bring it back, assuming you've kept the bill with the date/time stamp on it and said store might replace it, but don't hold your breath on that one.  To top it all off - no pun intended, but there it is - you don't have any milk/cream left to put into your second cup of whatever, or on your cereal, or wherever you put your milk/cream until you go back to the store to buy another box/jug/plastic bag of the stuff.  Fortunately, today I had milk that was still fresh to put into my second cup of coffee.  That doesn't always happen, so I consider myself lucky.  On the other hand, I really only got to have one good cup of coffee today, so will have to wait now until I get to work to have another cup.  All I can hope is that the milk at work doesn't curdle as well.  Which reminds me.  Why do people say someone let out a blood curdling yell?  How do they know if someone's blood actually curdled?  Was this person a vampire and ticked because his/her favourite beverage was spoiled?  How would one know?  Why would anyone (well except for said vampire) care?  Just a little something to chew on - so to speak.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment