Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Toilet paper, potholes and recovery

At first, when I saw the headline about toilet paper and recovery, I thought I'd imagined it.  We all know I have a penchant for misreading things and was sure I'd read the headline wrong.  When I went back to re-read it, it was gone, so I simple assumed I'd been imagining it.  I do have a good imagination, but that would have been a little on the odd side.  However, given that I was probably subconsciously reminding myself to buy more toilet paper, I simply shrugged my shoulders and carried on, only to have the headline reappear, and no, I wasn't imagining it.  This leads to soooo many questions.  Why toilet paper?  What is it recovering from?  Who would know? Was it suffering from a hangover, or the flu, both of which can lay pretty much anything or anyone low?  Did the writer mean that someone recovered the toilet paper, perhaps in satin or crepe?  Why would whoever they are that is doing this do that?  Do they have a thing about naked toilet paper, unlike airline security who have a thing about clothing?  Perhaps the persons who feel that toilet paper needs to be recovered are actually talking about recycling.  How does one recover used toilet paper to recycle (cue up the eeewwww factor here)?  Can you, or anyone else for that matter, see your/him/herself listing that as a job skill?  Which brings us to the other headline about potholes and recovery.  Are the potholes in need of recovering (probably given how they spring up regularly on the roads, much like pimples only in reverse)?  What are they recovering from?  or should cities use the recovered toilet paper to fill the potholes, thus solving two problems in one go?  How much recovered toilet paper would it take to fill a pothole and how often would this task have to be performed?  How long would it last and what would be the economic benefit of such a move?  Why would anyone care about either of these (other than potholes which are an ongoing problem for pretty much everywhere)?   Ohhhh.  Never mind.  This has to all do with economic recovery - why, I have no idea, and this inquiring mind isn't going to spend the time finding out. Speculation is much more fun. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment