Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Nut-free zone

So apparently one of the airlines (which shall remain nameless, though if you are a Canadian, or read news from Canada you'll know which one it is) has been ordered to have a nut-free zone. Now I don't know about you but that leaves things pretty much up in the air - so to speak. Does this mean that anyone with a sense of humour can't sit in that zone? Does it mean that all the monkey's and orangutangs that seem to inhabit the air lately will have to have separate seats? Is it referring to male body parts? What exactly constitutes a nut-free zone. How will you know if you accidentally sit in that zone and you aren't nut free? Do they now scan us for nuts before they let us into THE ZONE. Actually, it sounds kind of like the Twilight Zone where anything strange and, well, just strange can happen. What if you're not nut free? Do they ask you what kind of nuts you have? What if you said "I have Brazil, Macadamian and Walnut nuts." Do they immediately send you to the back of the plane for violation of the nut-free zone? Or are you given certain priviledges based on the kind of nuts you have - or don't have? Doesn't this sound a little like discrimination? Imagine it. The NAACP or one of the Civil Liberties groups sueing an airline for discrimination based on whether you are allowed to sit in the nut-free zone or not. Personally I'd like a cellphone free zone. Actually I'd like a cellphone free plane ride, but can't see that happening in a hurry, so here's a thought. Maybe the airline in question should put nut-free people next to the cellphone free group and bunch everyone else to the back of the bus - er - plane. Actually, I could go for business class for free if I'm nut free and phone free. I think that would be an excellent trade off, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment