Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sneezy

Dopey, Sleepy, Grumpy and the rest of the boys in the band have made themselves at home in my body.  It's allergy season still, only right now it's more intense that usual.  Mostly it's because it's very dry here and getting dryer so the dust (you remember the dust) is worse than usual.  Combine it with the pollution and you definitely become at least three of the seven dwarfs all rolled into one.  When I was a child, I thought the names of these short people was something Disney dreamed up to amuse and entertain, never realizing he was actually describing how a person could feel.  Now I know differently - or at least I interpret it differently now that I'm all grown up (or something similar). I was supposed to go out tonight with a couple of people from work to see one of our co-workers perform.  I understand she is an excellent jazz singer.  Unfortunately, by the time I got home and had supper, my eyes look like rivers of red, my nose is itchy and plugged and I'm sneezing all over the place.  Guess I'll have to put off seeing my co-worker for another time.  Instead I'll be putting drops in my eyes, blowing my nose and taking anti-histamines to help with the itchiness and watering.  I wonder if Snow White ever had to deal with all this instead of dancing and singing and whistling her way through things.  What's more, I wonder how long Prince Charming was able to handle all that "cheerfulness".  No wonder her step-mother became such a witch.  I would be too if I had that much merry happy around all day every day - especially feeling the way I do right now.  And what happened when we weren't watching?  Did little miss sunshine continue to sing and dance and whistle when she had PMS or a cold or the flu?  How did the dwarf's handle that? Was Doc able to sort things out, or not?  Did Snow ever lose her temper and burst into tears at the drop of a hat or become a fire-breathing dragon like the Queen?  Did she make Prince's life hell once a month and how would we know?  What about the mirror on the wall?  Did it continue to tell her she was the fairest, or did it finally start telling it like it is, especially when she wasn't at her 'best'?    This inquiring mind doesn't really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment