Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Actor doesn't expect Oscar

The headline read Canadian actor doesn't expect Oscar.  To do what?  Who is Oscar?  What is he supposed to do or not do and why doesn't this person expect him?  Was it an invitation gone bad?  You know, I phoned you, you called me and our answering machines got together to do lunch.  Or maybe Oscar was supposed to deliver something to the the actor, like a really good script for a change, and it didn't happen.  Or possibly Oscar was supposed to show up for a grand opening at some event and didn't, or the actor in question doesn't expect he will.  Or maybe the actor and Oscar had a date and it was way past the time Oscar was supposed to show up, and so now the actor has been stood up and is simply stating a fact.  I don't know.  I just wish whoever Oscar is, that he will apologize to the actor for not being there, and I hope the actor really didn't expect this flaky person, Oscar, to do what he said he would.  Otherwise this actor will be continuously disappointed in Oscar. 
Ohhhhhh.  Never mind.  I figured it out.  Oscar isn't a person.  It's that silly gold coloured door stop that actors hope they'll win, but rarely do - kind of like a lottery for the film community.  You know.  All the fanfair and foofarah, spinning the big wheel and the winner is ... not you.  Or you.  Or even you.  Dang!  I knew I should have bought that other ticket.  Sigh.  Oh well.  There's always next year.  (Now I REALLY wish people wouldn't use sentence fragments for their headlines.  It just confuses me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment