Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Froof

Don't you just love that word?  It covers so much and yet says so little.  I occasionally check out the fashion hits and misses on msn, just to see what kind of get-ups so many of the "stars" have on.  Some are quite nice and often quite tasteful (though on me they'd probably look ... let's not go there).  Some are ok, but have way too much froofiness.  You know, too many ruffles, too much fluff and feathers, too many bows and thingies that we're not really sure what they are but they're there, in bunches.  I don't know how or why some people think this is fashionable, or even remotely tasteful.  Personally, I think that if it can't be worn shopping for groceries, or running into a drugstore for - pantihose, then it shouldn't be worn in public, unless of course you are going to a grad and it's the latest style in grad dresses, though I can't somehow see any teen queen I know wear any of the outfits.  Some of the outfits are so way over the top they'd be too much even for something as auspicious as halloween. 
I was listening to my students discuss the recent Grammy's and some of the "styles".  Most of them agreed that there were too many wearing truly bizarre outfits and they really didn't get what the point was.  Not even for the singers they liked.  Music taste may vary (some like country, some don't, some like rock, some don't), but when it comes to fashion and style, boys and girls alike agreed that some outfits just should not be worn - by anybody.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment