Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Painted Cats

My sister sent me an email of photos of painted cats.  No, not paintings of  cats, or photos of cats painting (and I've seen some of both), but cats who have literally been "painted".  Kind of like an artistic dye job for kitties.  Some of the "art" work was quite interesting - like the plaid cat, and some of it was down right bizarre (one poor kittie had Charlie Chaplin painted on it's bum), but what really got to me was the price.  Each time the poor kittie had to be painted - or repainted - it cost $15,000, and of course it would have to be done repeatedly every three months because fur, like hair grows out.  That comes out to the equivalent of $60000. 
Now I don't know about you, but I can think of hundreds of ways to spend that same amount of money and none of the ways have anything to do with painting a kitty - mine or anyone elses.  For that same 60000 I could retire quite nicely and do little for two full years, or I could pay a large chunk of money on a house someplace warm, or I could give a chunk of change to my sons to help them in whatever they wanted to do career wise, or I could make a very large donation to any one of a number of very worthy health related charities, or I could sponsor a shelter for animals and provide food for a couple of years, since we are talking about furbabies.  Then again, I could sponsor a child that has little and getting less every hour of every day in one of so many countries in the world.
All I can say is that there are so many more ways of spending that money that would benefit others, that I can't understand why anyone would want to paint their kitties in such weird and almost creepy ways.  Besides - I wonder if any of them actually asked their cats if they wanted a dye job or not, and what did they do to the poor things to get them to stay still long enough to have it all done.  No self respecting cat I've ever met would willingly go along with this.  It just wouldn't happen.  They must love their humans very much to be willing to indulge those same humans in this activity.  It's the only logical solution I can come up with.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment