Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Round 2

ding, ding.  Had my second appointment for my root canal.  This time it was to do the last digging out of root bits, then packing the tooth with something (I THINK the dentist said cotton - it would have to be a very small bit, but don't quote me on that), and finally a coating of cement.  Yes.  Cement.  You know.  The stuff they use on buildings and sidewalks.  I go back next week for the final installment.  Removal of cement and packing and a final, more permanent filling of cement topped off with a crown.  Da Daadaaa Da!  King tooth!  Oh wait.  Not that kind of crown.  More like a cap (hat? touque?) that will cover my tooth and keep it safe for ever.  Even after I die, and then for probably a few hundred years after that - whichever comes first.  While I was waiting for my turn on the couch - I mean turn in the dental chair, a coworker came out of the office, having undergone some dental procedure and asked me how I was.  My response was how good can a person be facing a second round for a root canal.  I mean really.  This place is not party central no matter how good a spin a person might put on it.  This was, of course, the capping off (or should that be crowning) of a really bad day at work, so why stop there?  No.  Wait.  I don't get crowned until next week, but that's ok.  I get a four day holiday starting Friday and ending Tuesday morning next week, so until next time, I'll enjoy another short week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment