Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dreams

Dreams are funny things (funny as in odd, not haha).  It's hard to know where they come from or why we dream about particular things.  Sometimes they are down right scary - you know, nightmares that wake you up because they are so real and so freaky.  Those kinds are far worse than any horror show Hollywood could dream up - no pun intended.  Then there are the kinds that make you go "Say what?!" when you wake up.  No connection to anything and so out there that you're not sure what planet they came from or what you were on when you went to bed, but it was definitely strange.  We all dream, and every once in a while, we have one that makes us laugh out loud.  I've had one or two of those, and when I wake up I'm still chuckling.  When I go to retell it, it somehow sounds even more bizarre and funny (haha) than it did when I was actually having it.  I once dreamt that aliens had come to earth and two of them were looking for their space craft in one of many hay stacks in a farmer's field.  Not a needle in a haystack, a space ship.  Why this was so funny, I'm not sure.  It may have been because the aliens looked like a cross between a pig and an octopus and were having an arguement over which haystack the ship was in.  No matter.  It struck me as funny, which is not usually a common occurance.  My youngest son asked me what I was laughing at, and how could I be laughing when I was asleep, until I explained - then he just looked at me like I was an alien.
I wasn't laughing the other day over a dream though.  I was, for some reason only my subconscious knows, dreaming about a lion, and the only one it would behave for (as in not eating) was me.  Why this was so, I have no idea, and I'm sure there is some psych major out there who would have a field day analyzing that dream, but there it was.  A very large, male lion, and I was scratching it behind the ears as if it was a small, domestic cat.  Can anyone say "here kitty, kitty, kitty"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment