Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Newly engaged radicals

No, it's not a science project (or are radicals math?  I can never tell the difference).  It's just me reading headlines on the internet at four in the morning and still not getting it right (really must quit doing that).  What can I say.  Trying to read anything correctly at four in the morning is a waste of time, but there it is.  I'd blame it on the very bizarre pants of the Norwegian curling team, but I haven't been following the Olympics, so that's not the reason.  I think it has more to do with not sleeping until the alarm goes off (and even then it's not really a good reason for misreading things).  So what does all of this have to do with newly engaged people?  Not sure.  The headline was really about couples not posting too much info on facebook about their upcoming wedding.  Why a person would want to post everything about their wedding is beyond me.  I have a hard enough time posting.  Period.  Do these people not have a life?  Personally (and this is only my opinion) given how much time and energy (not to mention money) is put into weddings, plus work, and maintaining sanity (yours and everyone else's), sitting down to yak on facebook about how dottie aunt Fluffy has driven your mother to distraction because she insists on giving you a wedding present that no one in any century would touch with  ten foot pole, is a good way to irritate all the people you know, including dottie aunt Fluffy.  But hey, times change and maybe the slightly crazed aunt would get off on having someone write about them for the whole world to see.  Can't think why, but there it is.  No matter.  I'm just glad I'm not the crazy aunt - at least I don't think I am - but then again ...  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment