Dust bowl

So here we all are, part of the new world technology and having absolutely no clue what I am doing, but it will be a new challenge. I'm not sure my ramblings will have any impact on the world as we know it, but maybe we'll have some fun and lots of laughs while I try to embrace a whole new medium of communication. Maybe. Or not.

Friday, February 26, 2010

George Clooney's Villa

is apparently not for sale.  Dang!  Here I thought I'd have enough money saved that I could actually afford to own - one of the paving stones.  Blew it again.  Ah well.  I'm sure Mr. Clooney needs the villa far more than I need the paving stone.  Besides, it would only add to the weight I have to haul to wherever I go to next.  So I guess I'll leave the stone where it is.  Though it might be an interesting topic of conversation with Customs.  I can hear it now.  Custom officer:  Do you have anything to declare?  Me:  Yes.  I'm importing a paving stone from George Clooney's Villa.  Custom officer:  Is it one of the banned plant or animal materials?  Me:  No.  Custome Officer:  Is it sharp?  Me:  No, it's rock.  Custom Officer:  Is it a liquid?  Me:  No.  It's a stone.  A very heavy stone.  Custom Officer:  What is the purpose of this stone?  Me:  Uhhh.  To help pave a driveway maybe?  Custom Officer:  I see - .  At this point in time he or she would either confiscate the said stone, or pass me on through figuring it would take way too much time and energy to investigate further.  The next question is, of course,  what could I DO with the stone?  It is only one, can't use it to pave anything.  Won't work as a garden decoration (after all who would actually SEE the stone in the dirt or grass? or under a very large pile of snow?).  It might make an interesting coffeetable decoration and discussion focal point, but then I wouldn't have had to import it.  I could just go to any old construction site and get a paving stone from there.  It would have the same impact.  But then it wouldn't be George's stone.  On the plus side it would be better than trying to move the entire villa.  Wait.  What am I saying?  George's villa is in Italy.  Why on earth would I want to move a villa from Italy to some other part of the world, when I could be in Italy?  Perhaps it's best if Mr. Clooney keeps his villa after all.  I'm not sure I could handle the responsibility.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment